The spin- and angle-resolved photoemission spectroscopy (Spin-ARPES) equipment is a state-of-the-art instrument. The laboratory has been installed and commissioned during the first semester of 2021.The equipment is fully operative at its maximum capabilities, dedicated to the study of the electronic structure of two-dimensional systems.
The system is equipped by:
- Phoibos 150 (Specs) hemispherical analyser combined with a 3D mini-Mott spin detector.
- Fully motorized five axis manipulator, with Helium liquid cryostat.
- Low Energy Electron Diffraction (LEED) and Auger spectroscopy.
- High intense collimated ultra-violet source.
- Next upgrade: X-ray source for XPS experiments