The Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) consists of 10-15 internationally renowned researchers; the members are chosen and approved by the Board of Trustees with the requirements that they are working in fields related to Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. They play an essential role in selecting the staff of the Institute, controlling their promotion and approving the scientific strategic plan of the Institute presented by the Director. The SAC pre-selects the scientific candidates to join the Institute and evaluates their performance, as well as the Research Programmes and the Institute as a whole. The SAC also makes a formal independent evaluation of the center that is a main tool in the strategic development of the Institute.
Scientific Advisory Committee
Current members of the Scientific Advisory Committee:
- Chairman: Prof. Ivan Schuller Center for Advanced Nanoscience, Univ. of California San Diego.
- Prof. Héctor Abruña Dpt. of Chemistry & Chemical Biology, Baker Lab, Cornell University.
- Prof. Miquel Salmerón Dpt. of Materials Science and Engineering, Univ. of California, Berkeley.
- Prof. Dr. Christoph Gerber Department of Physics, University of Basel.
- Prof. Dr. Johannes Barth Department of Physics, Technische Universität München.
- Prof. Harald Brune Institute of Physics , Ecole Polytechnique Féderale de Lausanne.
- Prof. Beatriz Noheda , Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials, Director CogniGron University of Groningen.
- Prof. Dr. Beatriz Roldán, Director Fritz Haber Institut , Max Planck Berlin.
- Prof. Silvia Marchesan , Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche e Farmaceutiche, Università degli Studi di Trieste.
- Prof. Dr. Robert H. Blick , Director of the Center for Hybrid Nanostructures, University Hamburg.
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Kuch , Institut für Experimentalphysik, Freie Universität, Berlin.
- Prof. Luisa de Cola, Accademia dei Lincei, Univ. Milano.