- IMDEA Nanoscience's IDEAL PhD project obtains €1.4 M in the first Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions COFUND call of the new programme Horizon Europe.
- IDEAL PhD adds to the success of IDEAL Postdoctoral funded in H2020, reflecting on the excellence of the institutional strategy for attracting talent.
- IMDEA Nanociencia is one of the 7 Spanish entities awarded.
Madrid, 21 de octubre 2022
IMDEA Nanociencia participated in the competitive European calls Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions COFUND 2021, obtaining €1.4 M of co-financing for its new project IDEAL PhD (IMDEA Nanociencia Doctoral Training Programme in Nanoscience).
IDEAL PhD is part of IMDEA Nanoscience's strategy to attract and train exceptional researchers in the field of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, and it is the second project in consecutive years for which IMDEA Nano has obtained funding with this objective. IDEAL PhD follows on from the success with IDEAL Postdoctoral, and echoes on the excellence of the institutional strategy for attracting talent.
The IDEAL PhD doctoral fellowship programme aims to attract 12 talented researchers in two open calls to undertake excellent research in any of the programmes at the Institute:
- Nanotechnology for energy harvesting
- Quantum materials at the nanoscale
- Nanotechnology for healthcare
- Nanomagnetism for Information and Communication Technologies
- Ultrafast phenomena at the nanoscale
- Sustainable nanotechnologies and critical raw materials.
The research programmes are supported by the Platform for Disruptive Innovation which encourages links with industry to help achieve translation of results to market, provide support and facilities for prototyping, proof-of-concept testing, and scaling-up. Researchers will be offered secondments of 3-6 months at Partner Organisations relevant to their research careers both academic and non-academic, depending on preference.
Within the IDEAL PhD project, we aim to boost the careers of talented researchers offering them an innovative, truly interdisciplinary and intersectoral training in nanoscience and nanotechnology. IMDEA Nano is committed to providing a pool of researchers with the skills and knowledge needed to tackle the next challenges in the nanoscience field.
IDEAL Postdoctoral programme: www.idealcofund-project.eu
Source: IMDEA Nanociencia