MSCA POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS 2023
Call ID: MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023 (HORIZON-MSCA-2023-PF-01)
Call Opening date: 12 April 2023
Call Deadline: 13 September 2023
IMDEA Nanociencia is seeking postdoctoral researchers who are interested in applying to the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) Postdoctoral Fellowships Call 2023.
The MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships support researchers holding a PhD who wish to carry out their research activities abroad, acquire new skills and develop their careers.
This EU funded fellowship provides an allowance to cover living, mobility and family costs. In addition, the EU contributes to the research, training and networking costs of the fellow, as well as to the management and indirect costs of the project.
Fellowships may also include short-term secondments anywhere in the world during the fellowship. Researchers can receive additional support to carry out a placement of up to 6 months in a non-academic organisation based in an EU Member State or Horizon Europe Associated Country at the end of their fellowship.
Hosting offers at IMDEA Nanociencia
IMDEA Nanociencia is a Severo Ochoa Research Centre of Excellence. This is the highest national recognition for scientific excellence and is granted by the Spanish Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness. IMDEA Nano hosts several MSCA fellows and offers an attractive international working environment with more than 40 operative research laboratories. This international atmosphere is coupled with strong interdisciplinary research. Several hosting offers are available at IMDEA Nanociencia.
Get in touch
Eligible candidates (please see eligiblity criteria below) should express their interest by 10th July 2023, by providing:
- An updated CV (max. 2 pages plus full list of publications).
- A Research proposal summary (max. 2 pages).
IMDEA Nanociencia will provide outstanding candidates with academic and administrative support for their proposal development.
- should have a PhD degree at the time of the deadline for applications. Applicants who have successfully defended their doctoral thesis but who have not yet formally been awarded the doctoral degree will also be considered eligible to apply.
- must have a maximum of eight years experience in research, from the date of the award of their PhD degree, years of experience outside research and career breaks will not count towards the above maximum, nor will years of experience in research in third countries, for nationals or long-term residents of EU Member States or Horizon Europe Associated Countries who wish to reintegrate to Europe.
- should comply with mobility rules: they must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 36 months immediately before the call deadline.
The researcher may be of any nationality and no age restrictions apply. The grant is awarded to the host organization. Only one proposal per individual researcher may be submitted to this call.
As from 2022, the EC will apply resubmission restrictions for applications that received a score below 70% the previous year. Seals of Excellence will be awarded to applications with a total score equal to or higher than 85%, but which cannot be funded due to lack of budget available under the call.
We look forward to hosting you at IMDEA Nanociencia!