Alberto Bollero got his B.Sc degree in Physics from Universidad Complutense de Madrid. He was a PhD student at IFW-Dresden, working on nanocrystalline permanent magnets and got his PhD degree at Technical University of Dresden in 2003. He was Postdoc at University of Leipzig, studying magnetic and magnetotransport properties of thin films, and Marie Curie Fellow at SPINTEC (CEA-Grenoble) on exchange-bias systems for spintronics and sensing applications. Dr. Bollero was researcher at CIEMAT-Madrid working on flexible photovoltaic films and solar control coatings for architectural applications. He began his research activity at IMDEA Nanociencia in 2010 as Ramón y Cajal fellow and got the I3 Certification of scientific and technological excellence by MINECO in 2012.
In 2012 Dr. A. Bollero settled at IMDEA the laboratory of Permanent Magnets and since then he is Head of the Division of Permanent Magnets and Applications [http://www.nanoscience.imdea.org/division-permanent-magnets-applications].
- A. Bollero is Coordinator of the EU M-era.Net Project “NEXMAG” [www.nexmag.net], focused in the research of Mn-based permanent magnets alternatives to the controversial rare earth-based magnets. [Ref. MAT2014-56955-R]
- He is P.I. in the industrial project “GAMMA” together with the company Höganäs AB (Sweden), for development and implementation of novel permanent magnets solutions.
- He is P.I. in the bilateral project “ENMA” between the Northeastern University Boston (Prof. Laura H. Lewis’ Group) and IMDEA Nanociencia, involving also the company IMA S.A. (Barcelona). [Ref. PCIN-2015-126]
- He is also P.I. by IMDEA in the project “NANOFRONTMAG-CM” (coordinated by Prof. Rodolfo Miranda, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid) [www.nanofrontmag-cm.es]. [Ref. S2013/MIT-2850]
- A. Bollero has been Coordinator of the EU Project NANOPYME [www.nanopyme-project.eu], dealing with the search of new permanent magnets based on hybrid ferrites; P.I. in a Bilateral (Germany-Spain) Project [Ref. 57050243] focused in the development of functional exchange-coupled permanent magnets bilayers with sensing applications, P.I. in a National Project SIESPER [MAT2011-25598] dealing with the exchange-bias phenomenon in nanostructured films.
These projects position A. Bollero as P.I. on research projects that total over 5.5 M€.