Place: Sala de Seminarios. Módulo 05, Quinta Planta. Facultad de Ciencias, UAM.
Abstract: One of the most active research topics in graphene has been the search of magnetism. In the recent past, and based on Lieb’s theorem , the research has been focused on point defects like vacancies or adsorbed single atoms like hydrogen or fluorine [2,3]. Very recently, the work of Prof. P. Jarillo-Herrero’s group at MIT  has opened the possibility of correlated states in defect’s free twisted graphene bilayers. These issues will be discussed in the talk along recent results on magnetic moments in twisted bilayers .
- H. Lieb, Phys. Rev. Lett. 62, 1201 (1989).
- González-Herrero et al. Science, 352,437 (2016).
- González-Herrero et al. To be published.
- Cao et al. Nature (London) 556, 43 (2018).
- Yndurain. To be published.