9th Early Stage Researchers Workshop in Nanoscience
26th-27th June 2019
- Dr. Gonzalo Abellán Sáez (Instituto de Ciencia Molecular ICMol, Universidad de Valencia).
- Dra. Valle Palomo (Centro de Investigaciones Biológicas, CIB-CSIC).
Download the programme here.
"The Spanish Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology” (SEBBM) kindly funds a limited number of travel grants, endowed with 200 €, for young SEBBM members. If you want to apply to the grant, please confirm it in the registration form.
We are organizing a scientific meeting focused on nanoscience where early stage researchers (PhD Students and postdocs) are invited to participate by presenting their work through oral communications of 15 min. If we are not able to fit all the talks along the two days, some researchers will be invited to present their work in a poster.
This free meeting will take place at IMDEA Nanociencia on the 26th-27th June and everyone is welcome, although registration is required.
Throughout this workshop we expect to see the different research lines focused on nanoscience that are currently being developed by the growing number of groups working on nanoscience in our community and discuss the latest results. Due to the variety of disciplines involved in nanoscience we would like to remind you that the audience will be diverse including physicists, chemists or biologists. Therefore we ask the speakers to keep that in mind to adjust their presentations to this audience.
Scientific CommitteeGiovanni BottariAna PizarroEnrique BurzuríRebeca BocanegraCristina NavíoJosé SantosCristina FlorsDooshaye MoonshiramJorge Trasobares
Organizing CommitteeBorja Ibarra
Jose Sánchez Costa
Álvaro SomozaAna Espinosa
María Jesús Villa
The travel grant application form is included in the “Registration form”.If you plan to participate with an oral or poster presentation, please include an abstract in the registration e-mail (see "Abstracts" section for instructions). We kindly ask you register as soon as possible.
If you do not want your abstract to be considered for a talk, please let us know.
Deadline: 27th May 2019.
Along the first week of June the selection of the oral and poster presentations will be communicated. In case your presentation is not selected for an oral contribution, you will be invited to present a poster.
Poster dimensions: A0 (84.1 x 118.9 cm)
Best Oral and Poster prize (Sponsored by the Royal Society of Chemistry)
Best ORAL prize award of £150 RSC book voucher on behalf of the Nanoscale Journals.
Best two poster prizes 2 x £100 RSC book vouchers (one from ChemComm and one from RSC Advances).
The #ESRW Twitter Scientific Session is an online event held over the Twitter social network with the purpose of bringing the participants of 9th Early Stage Researchers Workshop in Nanoscience together to share their results, engage in scientific discussions and expand their network.
The event will be held from Wednesday 26th June, 8:00 to Thursday 27th June 2019, 15:00.
How to participate
- Send a direct message to @IMDEA_Nano informing on your willingness to participate in the Twitter session.
- Share a photo of your poster and summarise your research in a tweet —use the hashtag #ESRW and the handle @IMDEA_Nano.
- Discuss and answer the questions from the community. We encourage you to engage in scientific debate by commenting on other posts and sharing research ideas.
The two winners will be decided by the scientific committee, according to the scientific content, presentation and interactivity (replies, likes and shares). The prizes will consist of signed copies of books related to popular science communication donated by the authors.
The workshop will be held at the Conference Room of IMDEA Nanociencia.
Postal address: C/ Faraday, 9
Campus de Cantoblanco
How to arrive to IMDEA Nanociencia:
From Madrid (city centre)
- By train (Cercanías)
- Line C4 (Alcobendas-San Sebastián de Los Reyes/Colmenar Viejo), stop at “Cantoblanco Universidad” + 15 min. walk.
- By bus
- Only from “Plaza de Castilla” bus station. Line 714, stop at “Newton-Fco. Tomás y Valiente” + 3 min. walk.
“Plaza de Castilla” is connected to metro lines 1, 9 and 10.
From the airport Adolfo-Suárez/Barajas
- By train (Cercanías)
- Line C1 till “Chamartin” station and change to line C4 (Alcobendas-San Sebastián de Los Reyes/Colmenar Viejo), stop at “Cantoblanco Universidad” + 15 min. walk.
- By bus
- Only from Terminal 4. Line 827, stop at “Newton-Fco. Tomás y Valiente” + 3 min. walk. There is a free shuttle bus that connects all terminals of the airport.
- Taxi call centre: +34 91 547 8200, +34 91 371 2131.
- From the airport a flat fare of 30€ applies.