"la Caixa" INPhINIT Doctoral Fellowship Programme - Open Call 2020
IMDEA Nanociencia offers 10 exciting PhD opportunities within the framework of the ”la Caixa” Doctoral INPhINIT Fellowship Programme which is devoted to attracting talented young researchers - of any nationality - who wish to pursue doctoral studies in top Spanish research centres in the areas of technology, engineering, physics, mathematics, life and health sciences. Sponsored by ”la Caixa” Foundation, INPhINIT allows recruiting Early-Stage Researchers (ESR) who are offered a 3-year contract with a highly competitive salary and complementary opportunities for training on transferrable skills (in annual training sessions), temporary stays in industry, and incentives upon completion of the thesis, among other elements that make these fellowships some of the most attractive and complete in Europe.
This programme is divided into two different modalities, with two deadlines:
- Incoming Fellowships: 35 PhD fellowships for researchers willing to carry out their PhD project in research centres accredited with the Spanish Seal of Excellence Severo Ochoa, María de Maeztu or Health Institute Carlos III and Portuguese units accredited as “excellent” according to the evaluation of the Fundação de Ciência e Tecnologia. This frame is addressed exclusively to STEM disciplines: life sciences and health, experimental sciences, physics, chemistry and mathematics. For doing their research in Spanish institutions, candidates must have resided or carried out their main activity in Spain for less than 12 months in the last 3 years while for Portuguese institutions, candidates must have resided in Portugal for less than 12 months in the last 3 years.
- Retaining Fellowships: 30 PhD fellowships for researchers willing to carry out their PhD project in any research domain and any university or research center in Spain or Portugal. Candidates must have resided or carried out their main activity in the same country, either Spain, or Portugal, more than 12 months in the last 3 years.
Deadline for submitting applications:
February 4, 2020 (Incoming modality)
February 26, 2020 (Retaining modality)
Open PhD positions at IMDEA Nanociencia:
Materials and Nanotechnology:
- Activatable metallodrugs for new nanoinspired anticancer tools (Dr. Ana Pizarro)
- Disruptive chemistry for flexible electronics (Dr. David Écija)
- Novel nanoscale imaging methods for dynamic processes in amyloid (Dr. Cristina Flors)
- Photophysics of innovative organic charge-transfer systems (Dr. Johannes Gierschner)
The INPhINIT programme is open to young researchers of all nationalities who hold a higher education degree at the time of starting at the host institution. Applicants must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
At the time of recruitment, candidates must comply with one of the following options: (i) To have completed the studies that lead to an official university degree adapted to the European Higher Education Area awarding 300 ECTS credits, of which at least 60 ECTS credits must correspond to master level. (ii) To have completed a degree in university not adapted to the European Higher Education Area that gives access to doctoral studies. The verification of an equivalent level of studies to the ones mentioned above will be made by the university when the admission procedure starts.
For candidates applying to Spanish centres or units: Candidates must not have resided or have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline. Short stays, such as holidays, done in a country other than their country of usual residence (where they carried out their main activity), will be considered as time spent in their country of usual residence.
Candidates must have a demonstrable level of English (B2 or higher).
Applicants are required to read carefully the Programme rules document (Incoming and Retaining) to ascertain eligibility. Only candidates whose applications meet all the requirements of the call may be accepted.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for a Doctoral INPhINIT fellowship in one of the projects offered by IMDEA Nanociencia, click here to create your personal account and fill in the online “La Caixa” application form.
All the information about “la Caixa” Doctoral Fellowship 2020 Programme can be found at the INPhINIT website.